Friday, February 10, 2006

Snow and Garden Show

Just a quick note to say the past two days at the Washington Home & Garden Show have been good. What a treat to meet so many current subscribes and readers! We have back issues on sale and have been signing up many new subscriptions.

I've been around to talk to most of the exhibitors and to all of the garden landscapers. I had the privilege of being a garden display judge yesterday. Have to say there are three outstanding ones that I'd love to just pick up and plop down in my own backyard. Okay, I was going to leave it a mystery, but I'll tell you who they are: Melwood, Serene, & Surrounds. If you come to the show, let me know what you think.

It was a tough choice picking "best in show" and I've come to really appreciate the work that goes into these displays. The number of garden-related booths seem smaller than in previous years, but still some interesting stuff to buy and I've been really eyeing some of those orchids. The temptation may overcome me by the end of the weekend...

The oddest booth on the show floor has to be NASA. They are giving away posters, calendars, and educational materials. After talking with them, I learned this a public outreach program they are doing. Since they are nearby in Greenbelt, why not come out and talk about our "home planet" was their thinking.

Show management announced tonight that the show is definitely open tomorrow - snow or not - from 10 am - 9 pm and on Sunday from 11 am - 6 pm. More info at: http://www.washingtonhomeandgardenshow.com/. If you can get to a metro station, then it is easy to get to the show on the Green line at Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center stop. Washington Gardener is in booth #868 - right next to the metal palm trees! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...