Monday, March 20, 2006

Welcome Spring!

Although tomorrow it may snow, today is sunny and clear. I'm so looking forward to being in sandals and sundresses again. In my garden the forsythia bushes are blooming like neon billboards. My flowering plum is delicate and demure. My scilla and vinca offer points of light blue accents in shady areas. The crocus borders and patches along with the snowdrops are pretty much petered out. Around my front and back entrances I have a feast of heather, primroses, daffodils, and winter jasmine. I even have some very early violets popping up (see photo). Can't wait to get out when it warms up (and any potential snow melts!) and do my final early spring clean-up of all the flower beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...