Friday, July 14, 2006

Franken-Logo

I have contracted with an online design firm to come up with a logo for Washington Gardener magazine. We have a nameplate and that is pretty much what I've been using for all of our logo needs, but I felt it was time to get a real logo that we can use on our web site, stationary, T-shirts, etc.

Here was the first round of choices posted at 1800logo. I've pasted mini versions at left. Logo #5 is the only one I found remotely passable.

To say I'm displeased with this first crop is a major understatement. I don't know what I was expecting, but I think I at least wanted designs that I could not have easily done myself!! When I pay a graphics pro I'm actually looking for a fresh perspective and some creativity. I'm #6 is just horrible and what is that blob in #2!

We are working now on getting #5 into some state that I'd see as useable. Let me know what you think of the choices.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I get your point. But I dind't like 5 at all and actually liked 6 the best, but with a different plant-building combination on the right. WHen I was shopping for designers for GardenRant I found the greatlogos cost $3-5,000 a pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 PM

    I agree. These ALL stink. the colors for one are bad. you can do better. I hope you find another designer. The fonts are so cliche and just plain butt-ugly. good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...