Friday, July 07, 2006

Red, White, & Blooming

Been a good holiday week - I saw the fireworks in Baltimore on Federal Hill, along with some very nice red, white, and blue window box flower displays in that neighborhood. Wish I had taken a camera with me, but check out page 26 of our current issue (July/Ayg 2006) for lots of patriotic plant designs.
Got a lot of irons in the fire now keeping me busy. Had a Washington Post reporter stop by this morning to chat fir an article on those who live in DC's muggy summers WITHOUT air-conditioning. That's right, eccentric people like me get to be featured for our earth-friendly and thrifty ways ;-). Truthfully, I think AC is way overused. For instance a perfect day like today calls for flinging all the windows open.
I've got to get out to the garden to plant some melon, pumpkin, and squash seeds. Yes, I'm way late, but I did the same last year and still had some nice specimens to display at Halloween. BTW, I'm also having our weekly Open Garden this afternoon from 3-6 PM -- come on over. I'm having a sale of the last of my tomato plants and a bunch of potted up perennials, aside from the current and back issues of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...