Monday, September 11, 2006

Quotes of Note

I was interviewed a few weeks back for the Northwest Current, a local community paper in DC that is distributed biweekly basically to the more affluent sections of town. The writer had done a feature story on me and the magazine start last year. Unfortunately, this paper only has a bare bones web site so nothing to really link here. (If you'd like to see a copy, drop me an email at editor@washingtongardener.com and I'll send you the two-page PDF scan.) This time around it is a general story on fall plantings, specifically edibles. Anything to get the magazine out there more.

Can't tell you how frustrated I was last week at a local garden club meeting I attended and trying to explain no, I'm not affiliated at all with the Washingtonian magazine or the Washington Home and Garden freebie advertorial or Washington Post newspaper. But I shouldn't be too upset, these same folks actually dropped a few veiled racist remarks during the event and the average age of membership hovers somewhere around 85. Yeah, as you can surmise, I won't be joining them again anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:39 PM

    Sorry you didn't enjoy the club meeting....that club has been going for 60 years, so don't knock it too hard -- a lot of heavy hitters in gardening there. We may look decrepid but...few there were over 80. The new membership is younger -- had 6-7 new members in the past 2-3 months...not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know the club is getting some new blood in and is growing. I'll definitely drop by future meetings and be interested in your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...