Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Miracle of Color

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 31 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. You can find the Examiner in the many red streetboxes around town. I saved a screen capture of the listing as a JPG and posted it here -- which you can now click on to read at 100%.

Since that image looks pretty pathetic in black ink only, I'll also furnish the original full-color photo I submitted of a gorgeous witch hazel backed by a holly. Click on it to see it in larger size and get the full effect.
The whole point of this "Winter Beauties" walk at Green Spring Gardens on Saturday is to see the color and interest of these gorgeous shrubs. In late winter, they are among the very few things getting us through until spring. The newspaper's version of the photo more accurately shows what a February here withOUT these plants would be like.




2 comments:

  1. I read the list of activities and am totally envious of gardeners who have the opportunity to attend these events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the flip side, so many choices - so little time!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...