Thursday, June 19, 2008

Picking Mulberries in the Summer Sunshine

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Gardening Events for the week ahead on page 25 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. You can find the Examiner in the many red street-boxes around town. I saved a screen capture of the listing as a JPG and posted it here -- which you can click on to read at 100%.

As previously mentioned, I'll be at the Capital Beltway Perennial Show at Behnkes in Beltsville all day on Saturday (item #1). Tomorrow I'll be at the press preview day of the Power Plants exhibit (item #2) at the USNA. Between those items I'm trying to finalize the layout and proofing of our July/August magazine issue and get it off to the printer. Then I'll turn my focus to getting renewal letters out and prepping my place for our Open Garden on the 27th. THEN I feel like maybe I can take a day or maybe half-day off to relax and enjoy the summer. One thing on my to-do list is "picking mulberries." I fear I may have already missed the window on that, but hope some are still around next week or after so I can pick and freeze them for a friend to make mulberry wine. Evidenced by all the sidewalk staining around here, I'd say the birds and I still have many left to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...