Friday, December 05, 2008

Anyone Speak Portuguese?

One of my many other hats is as President of the Silver Spring Garden Club. We are planning a trip to PORTUGAL next April. In anticipation of that trip, we have a meeting next Monday that will include a presentation by club member John Gordon of Belvedere Landscape Design on Portugal’s beautiful gardens. We will also provide full trip details and holiday treats.

If you are thinking of going on the Portugal trip with us (SSGC membership is NOT required to go, but at just $10 a year shouldn't break the bank ;-) or just want to see and hear about some stunning, sunny gardens on a chilly winter’s day, please plan on joining us. The meeting is free and open to the public.

WHEN: Monday, December 8 from 7:00-9:00PM

WHERE: Silver Spring Library’s Downstairs Main Meeting Room
8901 Colesville Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20910
(The library is about 5 blocks north of the Silver Spring Metro and on several bus lines.)

Will I be going myself to Portugal? Well, first I need to renew my passport which expired last year, then I need to clear those dates, and raise the funds. Then purchasing a Portuguese phrase book will be next on my list. Let's just say, I WANT to go and if we get our 20 minimum, I'll seriously be considering it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:55 PM

    I just came across your blog on Portuguese Garden Trip. Is it still on? I might be able to help you out. I'm a landscape architect in Sintra, Portugal - we have some very important gardens : Pena, Monserrate, Regaleira for example.

    I was a Garden Club of America scholar in 1981, so always happy to help out visiting garden clubs.

    Gerald Luckhurst
    gerald.luckhurst(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Gerald - Yes, the trip is still on - anyone interested should contact our travel agent, Allways Travel at 301.571.0400 or
    wendy@allwaystvl.com by January 9. After that date, a final decision will be made if there is enough interest to make it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...