Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Prize-Winning Posies

Here are my 8 ribbons won at the MoCo Fair last week. I submitted 22 entries total in the herb and cut flower categories. Also, my first ever entry into the houseplant competition earned a red ribbon (aka 2nd), which was nice since I had no idea what the criteria for that one was or how mine would stack up. I entered a silver-leaf begonia and it was looked pretty puny next to the other large entries of Boston ferns and ancient Christmas cactus.

I think this is my 4th year entering, what I've learned is -- enter every category you are eligible for, cause you never know what the judges might think and entry is free. So hey, what do you have to lose except for a bit of your time gathering and submitting the entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...