Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just a few days left to register


I just counted all the Washington Gardener Magazine Seed Exchange registrations and as of yesterday's mail, we are over halfway sold out at both the locations (Green Spring in VA and Brookside in MD). I'm now sending confirmations out to all who have registered as of today.

You can still mail or drop-off your registration, as long as I get it by Thursday, you'll be good to go.

Here is a link to the registration form that you can print out and mail/deliver with your registration fee. If you wait and come on-site to register, we can't guarantee you'll get in.

BTW, our featured speakers at the Seed Exchanges are --

Brookside Gardens, MD:

the essentials of container gardening,
things every container gardener should know
Barbara Melera, D Landreth Seeds

In Search of African-American Heritage Seed
Michael Twitty, Afro-American Foodways

Green Spring Gardens, VA:

Seed Timing - When to Start Your Edibles
Cindy Brown, Green Spring Gardens

What Happened to Growing Thing From Seed? The Forgotten Annuals
Janet Draper, Smithsonian

PS I found this great link to make your own seed packs: http://tipnut.com/seed-packets/
A nice way to spend a gray, drizzly Sunday afternoon. I'm spending mine potting up the last of my chilled bulbs for forcing, starting cat grass, and, oh yeah, getting all those Seed Exchange registrations confirmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...