Saturday, March 24, 2012

Picture Sharing

'Thundercloud' Flowering Plum
Love looking at beautiful flowers, plants, and gardens? Have I got a treat for you! I take literally hundreds of photos when I got to visits in both public and private gardens, yet I can only use a select few in the magazine, enewsletter, and on this blog. I think that is a shame, as many of the photos I do not use are full of awesome planting ideas and combinations. So I post them in albums to the Washington Gardener Magazine's Facebook page at facebook.com/washingtongardenermagazine.

Yes, you have to register and be a Facebook member to view them, but after testing out several photo-sharing sites and randomly polling fellow area gardeners, this is the easiest and most used service. It also allows you to share the albums and photos on your own Facebook page, "like" them, comment on them, and, if you see yourself in any of them, tag yourself.

Another way I'm sharing garden photos is on Pinterest. I'm there at pinterest.com/WDCgardener. (BTW, if you are not on Pinterest yet and need an invite, just give me a shout.) I have several boards there. One of them is just for favorite plants I've photographed growing in my own garden. Another is of Washington Gardener Magazine's covers. Not all the covers are up yet, but I'm slowly adding back issues as I can and I hope you will "pin" a few of your favorite issues to one of your own boards.

When you get a few minutes on a rainy day, I hope you'll stop by and visit the Facebook albums and Pinterest boards and share some of your own garden photos as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...