Saturday, August 11, 2012

Washington Gardener Magazine Book Club Forming

I have reserved (pending approval) a meeting room at the MLK Library (near Metro Center and Gallery Place) on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM. The room allows snacks, so you can bring in munchies to share.

Our first book will be: Founding Gardeners: The Revolutionary Generation, Nature, and the Shaping of the American Nation by Andrea Wulf. I have confirmed that the DC library and other local library systems currently have several copies available for borrowing.

At this first meeting, we'll discuss the book and then also decide on future book club timing, location, and book selections -- so please bring your garden book suggestions.

I will announce the final details and how to RSVP when the library room approval goes through.Meanwhile, you can get started reading the book :-).

UPDATE: The DC Libary has CONFIRMED our meeting time and place as above. So mark your calendars, grab a copy of the book, start reading, and RSVP to "WG Book Club" at WashingtonGardener@rcn.com. I will be limiting attendance to 20. If you need to cancel, let me know asap so we can give your spot to someone else.

PIN THIS FOR LATER:

3 comments:

  1. I love that Flowers has integrated our natural world into our technological world. In my own opinion, it is this kind of imagination and creativity that will help create an environment that embraces both elements to build a more harmonious world. Delhi Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buying my mom plants — not flowers — as gifts. She has a gardenia that I’d given her 8 years ago. It’s now a huge, fragrant bush outside her kitchen door. When it’s in bloom, it fills her house with their fragrance. Every year I add to her little garden by sending her another plant via a florist. She’s got quite a nicely surrounded patio now!Bhubaneswar Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your love of flowers, A1 C.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...