Friday, June 07, 2013

Fenton Friday: Tropical Rains

This year brought in cooler temps and much needed rain at the start of the week and again to close out the work week with the edge of a tropical storm going past the Mid-Atlantic. The rain is definitely welcome after last week's soaring temps and many trips to hand-water my garden plot at the Fenton Community Gardens. Every day I have picked a pint of strawberries and another one of sugarsnap peas. The lettuce I cut before has all rebounded and I'm having a tough time keeping up with it. I also went urban foraging and collected a pint of serviceberries. With all this bounty, I'm now exploring ways to freeze and preserve my excess -- a "problem" I have not really had before.

The new/replacement Okra seeds are in, but everything else has to wait until the rains stop and the plot dries out a bit. I tied up my tomato seedlings and made sure they were all labeled.

How is your edible garden growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...