Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spring has Sprung for this Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

Daffodils 'Curly Lace'
Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. Here in the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, we finally have entered spring!

I have so much blooming in my garden now that I don't think I can list it all, here is a partial list and a few quick photos: regular Hyacinth and Muscari (Grape Hyacinth), Daffodils (many varieties), Hellebores, Weeping Cherry Tree 'Higan,' Flowering Plum Tree 'Thundercloud,' Forsythia, Primula, Tulips are just starting, Violets, Lungwort, Veronica, Phlox ground cover, Redbud tree, Cyclamen, and much more.

What is blooming in YOUR garden today?

Tulips
BTW I have been sharing a bloom each day, most from my own garden, on my Instagram account (@WDCgardener). Please follow me there and see many more local flower pictures!
PJM Rhododendron

4 comments:

  1. Nice blooms. My first visit to your blog. I do like the colour of your Rhododendron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when Spring is so overwhelming it's hard to decide what to show.

    It must be beautiful now that Spring has moved up to your place.

    Happy Bloom Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by Angie and Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:07 PM

    The French Embassy is part of a exhibition on Van Gogh, Manet & Matisse: The Art of the Flower: "The Cultural Services of the French Embassy support the exhibition Van Gogh, Manet, and Matisse: The Art of the Flower which will be on view at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) from March 21 to June 21, 2015. [Richmond; if people will collectively travel to Philly for flowers, why not south for this exhibit?]

    Featuring over 60 paintings by more than 30 artists, this is the first major American exhibition to consider the French floral still life across the 19th century.

    Interview with Dr. Mitchell Merling, Paul Mellon Curator and head of the Department of European Art at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, who is co-curator of this exhibit.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...