Friday, September 18, 2015

Fenton Friday: Broccoli and Cauliflower Seedlings Finally In



Finally got my booty in gear and got the broccoli and cauliflower starts in the ground. While doing that, as I dug in I found lots of small carrots that I missed the first time around. Bonus!

We had one good rain last weekend and the plot was happy, but now we are looking at another 7-10+ days of no precipitation. It is beautiful weather -- crisp, clear nights and sunny, blue-sky days -- so I cannot complain much about the lack of rain

Next project will be to get all the seeds in for radish, arugula, kohlrabi, etc. Any favorite or unusual varieties that you think I should try?

How is your edible garden growing this week?


About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...