Friday, October 09, 2015

Fenton Friday: An Artful View





Last night at the Fenton Community Garden we celebrated a new commissioned sculpture placed at the adjacent Fenton Street Urban Park. Isn't it gorgeous? The work is by Michael Enn Sirvet and it is called "Red Orchard Wall." The piece is reflective of the apple orchards that used to be a part of this once-rural community of East Silver Spring.

Meanwhile at the garden plot this week, the fall intern and I harvested a few last green beans and tomatoes. Then we planted some garlic.

 How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...