Friday, October 16, 2015

Fenton Friday: Arugula Seedlings Up

The Arugula seeds we planted are all coming up now. I tasted one tiny seedling and it was very nice. I will give it another week or so until thinning them to take more for eating.


Our big community garden clean-up session is tomorrow and I hope to get most of my plot cleared up -- especially the tomato vines are we are due to be hit by a frost/freeze this weekend.


Our cistern is also closing up for the season this week, so in order to have any nearby water for my cool-season edibles, I will be bring in over 20+ kitty litter containers that I have saved up for this purpose. We will drain the cistern into them and line them up for communal use,



 How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...