Sunday, May 15, 2016

A Blustery Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day




It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. Here is the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, the past month has been a very wet and cold one. The early-spring blooms that had been ahead of schedule due to the somewhat mild winter are now all gone and the mid-spring are mostly stalled and waiting for warmer, sunnier days. I looked at past years' bloom day posts and at this time I usually have peonies, roses, and annual containers full of blooms to share.

Instead, I have lots of lush green growth (including the weeds!), but really only the Bearded Iris is hitting its stride right now. Those are mostly on the ground though as we have high winds coming through and a frost advisory (!) for this evening, so I cut a bunch for an indoor bouquet.

Because of the high winds, I could not take any decent bloom photos this morning. Instead I'm sharing a photo from my Instagram feed (https://www.instagram.com/wdcgardener/) that I posted a few days ago of my Clematis 'Silver Moon,' which is looking good despite the weather challenges.

What is blooming in YOUR garden today?

2 comments:

  1. The Clematis looks great -- especially the manner it is wrapping up and around the railing. It was difficult to photograph in the wind.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by on Bloom Day, Ray.
    May your gardens grow well this season!
    - Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...