Friday, October 07, 2016

Fenton Friday: Carrot Seedlings

The intern's carrot, arugula, and lettuce seedlings are up and will need to be thinned soon. Their radishes are a bust as are the kale, leading me to think they were both batches of bum seeds.

I am ready to rip everything else out -- as soon as I work up the energy to do so. It is that time of year when everything is breaking off and falling over. The okra, sunflowers, and tomatoes are falling into the pathways or onto other plants and being straight up pains-in-the-ass.

Broccoli seedlings and garlic plus onions await their turns to go into those soon-to-be-open spaces.

How is your edible garden growing?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...