Friday, September 22, 2017

Fenton Friday: HIgh Cotton


I reported earlier on my experiment in growing Red Cotton. (See post here:
http://washingtongardener.blogspot.com/2017/07/fenton-friday-cotton-squares.html)
Several of you asked me to share how it turned out and I am happy to say the I have several fluffy heads of white cotton! So cool looking. I plan on hanging the plants to dry in my sunroom and using them in a dried-flower wreath.

In the rest of the plot, all the cool-season seedlings are coming along, except the Spinach, which may be a dud batch, but we will give it another week or so to see.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: 
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 6th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...