Friday, April 20, 2018

Strawberry Fields...


My little strawberry patch is springing to life and is loaded with flowers. That means lots of sweet berries soon. It is amazing how fast things go from zero to 100 in the garden. For weeks we've been in a holding pattern and now it is all happening at once -- as those with pollen allergies can attest.

I re-seeded the lettuce again and also started a batch of seeds in a container. I am holding up a bit of hope there.

We'll be able to host a salad of spinach and arugula any day now. (Well, maybe not in the same bowl).

The peas are jumping up and I am guiding their little tendrils over to the trellis wires.

How is your vegetable garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: 
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 6th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...